Tuesday, November 17, 2009

White Chocolate and Raspberry puree truffle



A perfect marriage! What else can I say? First, I must give credit to my incredible Vita-Mix blender. This thing is just amazing. The smoothest raspberry puree I can imagine. I added a little bit of ginger in the puree, just to give it a bit of a twist.



Next step, add a blend of carrageenan from GPI, heat the puree to fully incorporate the carrageenan. Place in a silicone mold and freeze. Here you have it!


When it is frozen solid, coat it with white chocolate and leave it at room temperature, or the fridge for the puree to thaw.

When it thaws inside the white chocolate coating, what you get is something that has a jam-like texture, but extremely, extremely soft. Just what I wanted, a very soft jam/gel but not runny or fluid. The freeze-thaw process defintely contributed to the soft texture.

Now all I need is a different white chocolate for a better coat. Just think of the possibilities for this. The truffles dont have to be a softer chocolate, or those thick fruit pastes. Although, foie gras truffle sounds heavenly too...mmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment