Thursday, November 12, 2009

Glass Ravioli



Something I made a while back. All started with a little joke when I worked at a restaurant. A guest had informed us of his gluten allergy and requested gluten-free pasta. I remember we all burst out laughing after hearing that. Now that Im looking into all these gluten free products available, the guest may have been right all along. Well, if they can make gluten free pasta, why not carb-free as well!

In this particular case, its not pasta at all. It has no flour. Although, the gel I created does function in much the same way as pasta. Ive made noodles out of it by letting it set in a plastic tube. This is just my version of ravioli.

Some mixed mushroom for the filling
Beef consomme gel as the ravioli (ala GPI carrageenan)
Butter, Parsley, Tomato
(I wanted the tomato in there just to demonstrate the gel's level of transparency. The taste doesnt really pair well)

No comments:

Post a Comment